Advice for Wales-based artists writing applications during COVID-19
Over this next week, Artes Mundi is offering a series of advice sessions for Wales-based visual artists completing Arts Council Wales’ Urgent Response Fund for Individuals.
Our team has expertise within the visual arts. Therefore we will prioritise and welcome requests from all Wales based visual artists seeking support with application writing.
Following this, we will be offering similar sessions for Wales-based visual artists applying for Arts Council Wales’ Stabilisation Fund for Individuals.
We can provide
• Feedback to artists completing funding applications. While we cannot help by contributing to writing, we can offer advice concerning structure and clarity. Please note, this is only an advisory service and we cannot guarantee an application will be successful.
• References or letters of support to artists we have worked with in the past.
Dependent on need and availability, support will be via email or through one-to-one Zoom meetings, lasting up to one hour. We can offer Zoom meetings between 11:00am – 4:00pm, but we will also attempt to support requests outside of these times.
Urgent Response Fund for Individuals:
Friday 1 May; Monday 4 May and Tuesday 5 May
Stabilisation Fund for Individuals:
Tuesday 2 June – Friday 5 June; and Monday 8 June – Friday 12 June
How to request a session
Please email email@example.com including the following:
• Short outline of your practice (one or two sentences) in order to connect you with the most relevant member of our team
• Your draft application in Word format
• The deadline for the grant application
• If it is not for Arts Council Wales grants, please include the full grant criteria as an attachment to your email
Please give us a minimum of 3 days’ notice. We will endeavour to help as many people as possible but will not be able to support applications if there is not enough time for us to provide adequate feedback.
Artes Mundi is committed to removing barriers wherever possible. If there are barriers to you being able to access support via email or Zoom meetings, please let us know and we will do everything we can to make reasonable adjustments to this provision.