WE ARE HIRING: Curatorial Assistant
Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries 2020-22
Artes Mundi Curatorial Assistant
We are seeking a full-time Curatorial Assistant to help us research, plan and deliver our international exhibition, prize, co-creative community projects and public events. This is a hands-on role with lots of opportunities to learn new skills, develop your knowledge and meet new people.
This fellowship has been designed specifically for those whose socio-economic background has resulted in them having less access to opportunities in the arts, due to inequalities in UK society. It is supported by and also includes professional development sessions and networks from the team of Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries 2020-2021.
- One year fixed term contract
- Salary of £19,500 per annum
- Full time (37.5 hours per week). The post holder may be asked to undertake occasional evening and weekend work, notice will be given if this is necessary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank/public holidays)
- Managed by the Curator but will work with all members of the Artes Mundi team and across different projects
- Cardiff Based with some potential for work across Wales/the UK
- The Artes Mundi office is located at the National Museum Cardiff but all team members are currently working from home. The Curatorial Assistant will be supported to work from home for part of their contract
Applications close: Tuesday 24 November, 2020 at 5pm
Interviews will take place: 14 & 15 December 2020
Preferred start date: 11 January 2021
If you have questions about the role or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact Melissa Hinkin, Curator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
All information is available in large print version or as audio guidelines.
Additionally, the Artes Mundi team will be available to answer any questions about the role, so please join us for a live Zoom/ Instagram chat – more information soon!
If you have questions about the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries programme please contact Sarah Gibbon, Project Manager at Jerwood Arts, confidentially on email@example.com or 07944 903989 in advance of making an application.
The Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries 2020-2022 programme is designed and produced by Jerwood Arts. It is funded and supported by Arts Council England’s Transforming Leadership Fund, Garfield Weston Foundation, Art Fund, Arts Council of Wales, Creative Scotland, British Council, Jerwood Arts and PRS Foundation.